The Honorable Moshe Leon, Mayor of Jerusalem visited the Society for Advancement of Education on January 28, 2020. He toured Mae Boyar High School and Residence, chatted with students and discussed SAE’s current initiatives and plans for the future with SAE Board Members and key administrators.
Mayor Leon was accompanied by a cadre of senior officials from the municipality including Aviv Keinan, Head of the Education Administration and Imanuel Zilberman, Deputy Commissioner of the Education Division.
Eitan Moran, SAE Executive Director and SAE Board Chair Yosi Ashkenazi and Board Member Dr. Yaakov Hadani presented the current and varied educational activities of the SAE in Jerusalem and future educational plans and initiatives to the mayor and his entourage.
The principals and directors of the seven high schools and three residences that SAE operates in Jerusalem also participated in the discussion:
- Mae Boyar High School – Daphna Menashe Baruch
- Mae Boyar Residence – Yael Darmon
- Dror High School – Roni Hazon Weiss
- Hachmey Lev Yeshiva High School and Residence – Rabbi Yoni Hochman
- Inbar Leadership School for Girls – Miriam Leibowitz-Assaraf
- Re’ut High School – Avia Finkelstein
- Shoshanim Science and Arts High School for Haredi Girls – Vered Bachar
- Ulpanat Talya High School and Residence – Hasi Priel
After thanking the Mayor and senior officials for visiting, Mr. Moran told the group that “we are excited to continue our educational activities and initiatives in the Jerusalem area and the momentum of future development in collaboration with the Israel public administration and the Jerusalem Municipality.”